Saturday, April 12, 2008

What Makes Your Car Ugly?

Editors note: This is the first of many explicitly editorial pieces dedicated to those vehicles that rub me the wrong way. Later on, I may have another series called What Makes Your Car Not-So Ugly to round it out.

Welcome to the first installment of What Makes Your Car Ugly! You may wonder how one like myself may be justified in asking (and answering) such a bold question, but be assured that I am as well qualified as anyone that might make uneducated and horribly uninformed opinions of somebody else's stuff. I have no business doing it, really. But I like to have fun with it anyway.

Today's topic: The Toyota Yaris.

I don't know if you have had the pleasure to enjoy their incredibly cute little commercials, but the advertising wizards were able to give this car so much "personality" that you forget how ugly they are. The hatchback reminds me of an overstuffed bubble about to pop, and the sedan is a stretched version of the same. In some of the advertisements, they actually do pop, as a form of asexual reproductive function.

In giving credit where it is due, I absolutely love the commercial where the lonely Yaris is pondering little MP3 players buzzing about. That one Rocks!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

  1. The Toyota Yaris: The Yugo for Today's Generation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that if we had to have a "Newgo", I'm glad this was it. It's a whole lot more dependable. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apologies for the deleted comment. I was just playing with the OpenID features, and used a different OpenID than the one for this site, which still works, but did not have the desired results.

    ReplyDelete