Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Slight Upholstery Change

Do you like it? I decided That the standard blog templates were not up to my enthusiasm for this blog, so I embarked on a little adventure last night to change the situation.

Allison had long ago started manipulating her blog layouts, which I took some interest in, but never needed for myself because I didn't require the level of customization she was looking for. I thought that my other blogs were just fine with their simple design, but I found myself looking for ways to spruce this one up. Needless to say, this is considerably sprucier than any other I have had, and still retains the "left hand drive" column layout I like for this blog's main purpose.

Later on I may embark on using a few of my own Gimpified photos for the page header. Until that time, I'll continue Saab-ing about the current one.

If you are looking for your own blog templates, you can consider my source by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

  1. I love this new layout, hon! It's quite professional looking! I only wish I had the ability to amp up this level of customization over at Gouda. I might still do it if I can figure out how to gimp someone else's code, which is about the extent of my knowledge in coding. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The only hard part was trying to replace the gadgets I already had in place (2 feeds). It was easier to just copy and past the borrowed code, then add the gadgets back in from the blog layout page, but it took me a while to figure that out.

    I would recommend printing out your source with the gadgets expanded before pasting in the new stuff, because you have so much on your site.

    ReplyDelete